THE TEMPEST - TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP
“Let us not burden our remembrances, With a heaviness that’s gone”
What the Programme is about:
The theme of this programme is change: the skilful management of the forces at play to bring about the successful transformation of an organisation.
The Tempest tells the story of an exiled Duke-magician who summons up a storm to shipwreck key figures from his past on his island. Initially inclined towards revenge, he instead uses his powers to teach them the errors of their ways, tailoring the lessons to the individuals concerned. At the end of the play, he frees everyone on the island, including himself, from the burdens of the past.
All businesses experience major shake-ups from time to time, whether due to internal initiatives or external drivers. This programme uses the unique creative perspective provided by Shakespeare’s last great play to explore how best to navigate them. What kind of a storm needs to be generated within your organisation? And how can you cater for the different perspectives and reactions of those within it to ensure the optimum outcome?
Who is it for?
- Organisations undergoing or about to undergo major changes
- Leaders seeking to better understand and manage the differing responses to change they are likely to face
- Those wishing to learn more about the dynamics of transformation
What does the Programme deliver?
- Greater understanding of how change is likely to be perceived and responded to by different groups within an organisation
- Improved abilities to implement successful changes at work
- Awareness of how leaders themselves need to change to effect transformations in their wider working environments
- Insight into the power of symbolic action to cement change
For more information or to discuss your organisation's leadership needs, please contact us on:
t. +44(0)20 7386 7972 | e. email@example.com
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“I have participated in and led training but I have never been involved in anything as unique as this. For what is on the face of it a reasonable idea it reaches in and grabs you.”
“Different lens to view change - Great practical session on vision and symbols.”
“Great model and memorable teaching.”
HAMLET - EVOLUTIONARY LEADERSHIP
All successful organisations need to move with the times. This is a programme about evolution in the work place. It shows leaders how to find meaning in challenging situations and move from seeing themselves as passive victims of fate to active agents of change.
Hamlet traces the journey of a troubled Danish prince, who is visited by the ghost of his father and charged with avenging his murder. Initially paralysed by fear of the unknown and the complexities of the situation at court, he ultimately rises to the challenge, rooting out what is “rotten in the state of Denmark”.