Director of Finance and Operations
We are looking for a strategic Finance Director with a passion for hands on Operations to join our business. This role reports directly into the CEO. We are a growing business, with big plans and you will provide strategic finance and commercial guidance alongside owning operational responsibility.
Who are we?
Olivier Mythodrama is a global leadership development consultancy delivering programmes in a highly engaging and memorable way to explore organisational leadership issues.
We’re growing rapidly and it’s a great time to join to the team and be part of our journey.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation by providing leadership in:
- All financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll and financial reporting of activities
- All operational matters, including managing our requirements and overseeing activities to ensure safe and cost-effective management
- To contribute financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices
- Provide financial reports and information to ensure sound financial and operational governance
- To work closely with the CEO to provide financial and operational monitoring and controls on all programmes of work and activities, including producing reports and overseeing analysis of data and budget administration
- Improve operational systems, processes, and policies
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance and Operations functions
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and controls
- Management of budget in coordination with the CEO
- Payroll management
- Line manage Finance Controller and Senior Operations Manager
Responsibilities by Function
Financial Management, Planning and Analysis
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process for annual budget with the CEO
- Be responsible for accounting policy and governance
- Develop and manage annual budgets
- Lead in the production of monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of financial performance against budget & cash flow, financial and operational goals
- Lead on short and long-term financial and managerial reporting
- Reconcile monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfil tax related requirements
- Manage month end and year-end closure procedures
- Manage payroll, pension scheme, employee benefits and organisational insurance
- Ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Act as the Company Secretary, including organising all statutory returns: HMRC, VAT, PAYE, and Companies House reporting (annual return)
- Oversee management of all operational functions
- Oversee IT & Premises as well as coordination and communication between all operational functions
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g., copyright, antitrust, partnerships, licensing etc.
- Oversee organisational insurance policies
- Maintain and review all office policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, environmental and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
This role will be home based with travel into the London office as required.
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience.
Olivier Mythodrama is an equal opportunities employer. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.