Who is it for?
- Organisations undergoing or about to undergo major changes
- Leaders seeking to better understand and manage the differing responses to change they are likely to face
- Those wishing to learn more about the dynamics of transformation and transformational leadership
- Organisations wanting a greater understanding of how change is likely to be perceived and responded to by different groups
The Tempest is a tale of change and transformation. The story provides a ‘mythic case study’ of how to move a team or an organisation from an old story that has outlived its usefulness towards a future fit ‘brave new world’. It starts with the huge storm of the title – in which the old ship, bearing the current leaders and their culture is shaken and eventually splits, leaving the leaders to find their way onto a small Island where they are tested and eventually initiated into a new way of being that is more attuned to the needs of the time. Participants are introduced to an overview of the story and then explore the leadership challenges most relevant to them.
The theme of this programme is change: the skilful management of the forces at play to bring about the successful transformation of an organisation. This is known as transformational leadership development.
All businesses experience major shake-ups from time to time, whether due to internal initiatives or external drivers. This programme uses the unique creative perspective provided by Shakespeare’s last great play to explore how best to navigate them. What kind of a storm needs to be generated within your organisation? And how can you cater for the different perspectives and reactions of those within it to ensure the optimum outcome?
The impact of this programme
- Develop skills to successfully manage and lead through change
- Understanding of how you need to change to effect workplace transformations
- Enhanced skills to communicate your vision and process for change
- Think strategically and create a compelling vision for the future
- Improved resilience and adaptability
- Strategies for improving collaboration, innovation and a sense of purpose within your team